A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there‚€™s more to being in business than just making a profit. That‚€™s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet.¬ What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it‚€™s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It‚€™s about how you can grab everything that‚€™s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It‚€™s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we‚€™ll all be a little better off. It‚€™s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare ‚€“ PEDIGREE¬ , ROYAL CANIN¬ , WHISKAS¬ , BANFIELD¬ Pet Hospital, CESAR¬ , SHEBA¬ , DREAMIES¬ and NUTRO¬ ; Chocolate ‚€“ M&M‚€™S¬ , SNICKERS¬ , DOVE¬ , GALAXY¬ , MARS¬ , MILKY WAY¬ and TWIX¬ ; Wrigley ‚€“ DOUBLEMINT¬ , EXTRA¬ , ORBIT¬ and 5‚„Ę chewing gums, SKITTLES¬ and STARBURST¬ candies, and ALTOIDS¬ AND LIFESAVERS¬ mints. Food ‚€“ UNCLE BEN‚€™S¬ , DOLMIO¬ , EBLY¬ , MASTERFOODS¬ , SEEDS OF CHANGE¬ and ROYCO¬ ; Drinks ‚€“ ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS‚„Ę, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY‚„Ę, KLIX¬ and FLAVIA¬ ; Symbioscience ‚€“ COCOAVIA¬ and WISDOM PANEL¬ .
Mars Chocolate North America is looking for a Sr. Category Development Manager ‚€“ Seasonal Advisor - Walmart
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Chocolate North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, and unrivaled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such then we want to hear from you.
The Sr. Category Development Manager ‚€“ Seasonal Advisor is accountable for developing and implementing programs to deliver against category and customer priorities.¬ This role will work with Walmart to develop, lead and communicate fact-based analysis and insights to drive category topline sales objectives.¬ The Sr. Category Development Manager - Seasonal Advisor¬ is responsible for:
- Proactively developing collaborative relationships with Walmart to be viewed as a trusted resource.
- Developing category leadership solutions that deliver profitable sales growth for Walmart. These solutions should include shopper and category insights across:¬ product assortment (everyday and promotional), placement, pricing and promotions.
- Leveraging insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources (Retail Link, Nielsen, Walmart Shopper Insights etc) and market research findings to continually bring new shopper ideas to the customer and company.
- Identifying specific research opportunities (shopper and consumer) to bring new learning and solutions to the category.
- Evaluating/monitoring all programs, turning analysis into recommended action and continually improving to be more effective and efficient for the category and customer.
- Leading and nurturing a collaborative partnership with Wrigley and leveraging this relationship to drive synergies that could enhance influence with Walmart and position Mars as a best in class Category Management partner.
- Deliver Traditional Standardized Category Reporting
- Drive Alignment with Customer to Mutual Business Goals
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years in a Category Management role or Relevant Sales/Category Experience
- Strong analytical, project management and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to work in our Rogers, AR based field sales office
- 9+ years in a Category Management role in the CPG industry
- 3+ years in a Category Management role calling on Walmart
- Category leadership, retail sales & analytics expertise
- Shopper Insights knowledge and advanced data mining experience
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.