The Account Director functions as the main client relationship manager of Agency consumer promotion and shopper marketing program deliverables within multiple categories or retail channels.
The primary role of this position is to provide thought leadership and act as the face of the Agency to the senior-level sales/marketing team during conceptual development, communication design, execution and analysis of programs.
A successful Account Director will focus on the financial health of the client, organic business development, effective and efficient program management of the Agency team, and results that are in concert with client and retailer initiatives. Proficiency in conceptual selling and consulting will be defined by effective written and oral communication skills with clients, customers, and agency partners.
- Demonstrate product category or retail channel ownership with Marketing and Sales client base
- Cultivate strong relationships with client trade, sales and marketing teams, including 3 rd party agencies as required, to harmonize cross-functional client communications
- Oversee proposals and program presentations for effective and efficient resources to meet the client goals and agency revenue targets
- Identify new business opportunities within existing clients as well as with extended client base
- Synchronize and standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports
- Serve as financial relationship owner for cross-agency team departments and/or clients to deliver timely client decisions and approvals
- Bachelor's Degreeor equivalent experience is required, MBA Degree or equivalent experience is preferred in Marketing or Public Relations field
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- 6-8 years of experience in the role of leader/manager in agency, CPG, or brand management, including experience in shopper marketing
- Ability to make oral presentations, team building skills, and excellent customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Over 40,000 passionate, talented people make Advantage everything it is today, which is why we’re committed to providing top-notch training and development opportunities to see them succeed.
As you might imagine, our success, coupled with the way we value our expert associates, is a massive draw for passionate, educated individuals looking for a place to excel. Fortunately, we’re growing, so we have plenty of room. If you’re dedicated, talented, and service minded, you’re invited to explore our open positions and consider a future with us.