A Manager within Category Management is responsible for leading strategic initiatives with our focus Customers and Categories. This role will utilize advanced analytical capabilities and executional tools to elevate our influence with both internal and external customers.
A Manager of Category Management will work with key account sales teams and their respective retailers to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective category (s) to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives.
This role reports internally to a Senior Manager of Category Management.
- Proactively develops collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for category insights and objective growth opportunities
- Proactively builds category growth stories and insights to help educate and influence sales strategy at an internal organizational level
- Influence C&D consumer and shopper research in order to better understand issues and opportunities to help lead in the creation of more comprehensive sales strategies
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization, and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers
- Actively leads and participates in preparation of line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Leads comprehensive understanding of plan-o-gram insights and assortment to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives
- Advanced utilization of Tools and Insights to Enable Execution: Nielsen, Retail Link POS, Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, Assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years of experience in the CPG industry required
- 2+ years in a Category Management role in the CPG industry required
- 2+ years experience managing at least 1 direct report
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience is required
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are required
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus
- Loyalty card experience is also a plus
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 Billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, NJ. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies that has outpaced the S&P by more than two times over the last 10 years. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as Arm & Hammer, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Orajel, VitaFusion, and Xtra.
The Company's business is divided into three segments: Consumer Domestic, Consumer International, and Specialty Products.
The Consumer Domestic segment includes the nine power brands listed above, and other household and personal care products.
The Consumer International segment primarily sells a variety of personal care products, some of which use the same brands as our domestic product lines, in international markets, including Canada, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil and China.
The Specialty Product segment is the largest U.S. producer of sodium bicarbonate, which it sells together with other specialty inorganic chemicals for a variety of industrial, institutional, medical and food applications. This segment also sells a range of animal nutrition and specialty cleaning products.