The Associate Category Manager is responsible for collaborating on strategic initiatives with our focus Customers and Categories. This role will utilize analytical capabilities and executional tools to elevate our influence with both internal and external customers.
The Associate Category Manager will work with key account sales teams in our Arkansas region to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective category to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives with our Walmart partner.
This role reports internally to a Senior Manager of Category Management.
- Proactively develops collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for category insights and objective growth opportunities
- Collaborate with sales partners on building insights to help educate and influence sales strategy at an internal organizational level
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization, and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers
- Actively supports and participates in preparation of line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Leads comprehensive understanding of plan-o-gram insights and assortment to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives
- Utilization of various Tools and Insights to Enable Execution, such as Nielsen, Retail Link, Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, Assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university required
- 3+ years of experience in the CPG industry required
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience is a plus
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are a plus
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus
- Loyalty card experience is also a plus
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 Billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, NJ. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies that has outpaced the S&P by more than two times over the last 10 years. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as Arm & Hammer, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Orajel, VitaFusion, and Xtra.
The Company's business is divided into three segments: Consumer Domestic, Consumer International, and Specialty Products.
The Consumer Domestic segment includes the nine power brands listed above, and other household and personal care products.
The Consumer International segment primarily sells a variety of personal care products, some of which use the same brands as our domestic product lines, in international markets, including Canada, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil and China.
The Specialty Product segment is the largest U.S. producer of sodium bicarbonate, which it sells together with other specialty inorganic chemicals for a variety of industrial, institutional, medical and food applications. This segment also sells a range of animal nutrition and specialty cleaning products.