Build your career at ConAgra Foods. ?At ConAgra Foods, we make great food ? everyday food ? in extraordinary ways, which is why we?re creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you?re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
This position will partner with Field Sales to ensure financial objectives are achieved. The manager will analyze sales results and promotional spending, identify / investigate P&L variances, and help develop actionable plans to drive results.? Financial duties surrounding reporting and analysis initiatives for the Sales organization including, but not limited to, development of standardized sales management reporting and analysis, customer scorecards, sales trend / forecast reporting, customer gross and net sales performance, customer profitability, etc.
- Serve as a key resource for Sales Finance, Field Sales, and HQ Sales on accounting and finance related questions.? This will involve the ability to assess business needs, resolving risks/opportunities in a timely manner, and clear communication of issues/business results.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports (with potential assignment to special studies/teams) to assist management in evaluating key opportunities for the company.
- Jointly with ?Sales, establish working knowledge about the customer's financial goals and working relationship with the customer's financial organization to facilitate achieving positive business results.
- Analyze net sales and gross margin variances through reporting, ad hoc analysis, and business reviews.? Summarize variances and discuss action plans with Finance Director and VP Sales.
- Lead preparation / evaluation of monthly and quarterly forecast accuracy for volume and trade.? Assist in translating field forecast to P&L forecast.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with Sales team to include brand and customer volume, gross margin variances, trade spending, IRI performance, deduction balances, selling expense, and distribution gains / losses.
- Manage accrual-based funding process / reporting with monthly reviews to identify plan gaps and action plans with Sales Team and Trade Finance.
- Work with Sales Team and Customer Service to ensure compliance with ConAgra?s policies and procedures. ?Develop action plans to collect invalid deductions.
- Responsible for coordinating input into the financial planning system and work with Sales Finance and Sales Team to validate accuracy and reasonableness of data and maintenance of any hierarchy changes.
- Own the management and analysis of customer cost-to-serve and customer profitability information.
- Significant role as co-pilot of analysis / preparation of annual customer trade and sales plans.
- Assist in developing management reports through functional knowledge of Business Warehouse and SAP.
- Provide formal and informal training on financial concepts and systems to team members.
- Seven plus years business experience, preferably within the CPG industry with work history consisting of brand finance, marketing finance, or sales finance
- Bachelor?s Degree in Finance or Accounting required ? MBA/CPA preferred
- Five plus years of experience in financial analysis and data management
- Self-motivation in a fast pace environment
- P&L background / experience along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and basic knowledge of general business concepts
- Business Partnering:? proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers and peers and to effectively manage those relationships
- Project Management: ?experience leading projects from conception to completion
- GAAP:? fundamental knowledge of, understanding of internal and external research methods for, and experience driving compliance of internal controls
- Systems and Tools:? proficiency managing and making recommendations for efficiencies with systems and tools, such as SAP / R3 and supporting applications
- Cross-functional Dependencies:? experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- Critical Thinking: ?leverage analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity, and change in a dynamic business environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.