¬ If you're the kind of person who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest-impact culture in the food industry, where you have the opportunity to work on iconic and emerging food brands, then Conagra Brands is the place for you.
Leads category growth platform development for each assigned category within operating group or customer. Responsible for improving category MAPS at assigned customers. Joins sales team in penetrating key customer decision makers to present category development plans. Collaborates with HQ CL and CPC organizations in the development of category plans for assigned customer. Responsible for New Item presentation development and all aspects of shelving ConAgra products in a category friendly way. Regional brand platform development is also in scope. Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve competitive advantage and enhancing ConAgra‚€™s stature with the customer.
- Own customer interface at the category level, with focus on improving customer and ConAgra sales/profits.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Insights, Retail Effectiveness, and other Category Leadership resources to execute category initiatives with excellence.
- Customize corporate materials for assigned customers.
- Understand and master customer loyalty card data.
- Lead category long range planning and review meetings with customers; Assist on brand-based, Category Leadership initiatives.
- Develop tools to diagnose new category opportunities
- Deliver consumer/category input within Customer Business Planning Process to help refine plan elements based on consumer and category knowledge.
- Improve field sales capability to leverage analytics & insights.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activity to Identify opportunities to improve ConAgra's capabilities/advantage in the market.
- Improve Shelf position for ConAgra brands while maintaining a category first approach.
- 5-7 years related CPG industry experience preferably in the sales arena or a combination of sales and syndicated data experience.
- Communication, Presentation and Negotiation skills
- Data integration & interpretation experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical and Critical thinking skills
- Time management and Prioritization skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Very Proactive Self-Starting Nature
- Leadership Ability
- Project Mangement Skills
- ¬ Bachelor‚€™s Degree
Core Knowledge/Skills or Experience:¬
- Ability to quickly analyze data from multiple sources and understand complex trends.¬
- Synthesize a holistic sales story from multiple sources of data. (Syndicated, Loyalty, Consumer and Industry Trends)
- Fully functional leveraging syndicated panel data.
- Experience working directly with customers in growing category sales.
- Must possess solid knowledge of computers, MS Office Suite, Nielsen/IRI, Customer Loyalty Card Data, space management tools, graphics, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Special emphasis on spreadsheet development and automation is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge and application of Consumer insights.
- Working knowledge of retail merchandising and in store execution tactics.
- Ability to engage and build strong cross functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and collaborate with various cross functional areas.
- Well-developed organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize/manage multiple projects at once.
- Skill to Focus on priorities, manage day to day tasks while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Industry knowledge
- Category Management history and process
- 4 P‚€™s analysis (product, price, promotion, & placement)
- Spreadsheet development
- Demonstrated presentation development and delivery skills
- Syndicated scan and panel data including geo-demographic and behavioral data
- Retailer and Store level POS data
- Space Planning & Management software
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities with actionable
- Root cause analysis
- Develop and present comprehensive category reviews
- Category shopper behavior
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive business solutions
- Basic supply chain understanding
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.