NWA Childrens Shelter is seeking aPart-Time Cookto help meet the food & nutrition needs of the abused and neglected children in our care. This position is for 16 hours per week during day and evening shifts (as early as 5:30 a.m. and as late as 7 p.m.) and reports to the Food Services Manager. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with training and experience.
- Prepares nutritious, well balanced and sufficient meals in a timely fashion and according to the posted menu.
- Follow all posted instructions to ensure each residents special needs are met (special diet, food allergies, etc.).
- Take the necessary steps so that all food is prepared, served and stored under sanitary conditions.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and in operable conditions.
- Operate various kitchen equipment as assigned and report any malfunctioning equipment or unsafe conditions in the kitchen.
- Maintain a posted grocery list of items to be purchased.
- Assist with picking up food donations, commodities, etc. as needed.
- Sort, organize and put away deliveries and food donations.
- Keep the kitchen and dining room cabinets and countertops clean.
- Keep the kitchen and dining room floors swept and mopped.
- Empty the kitchen and dining room trash daily or more often as needed.
- Keep refrigerators, freezers, ovens, griddle, fryers, cabinets, pantries and storage areas clean, sanitary and organized and see that preventative maintenance is provided as needed for kitchen equipment.
- Work with the Food Services Manager to maintain a regular rotation of food items, stock in cabinets, refrigerators and freezers.
- Adheres to all shelter policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy regarding all residents' information in accordance to shelter policy and all applicable federal and state laws/regulations.
- Carries out work tasks in a way that conforms to and supports the mission, vision, and values of the shelter as well as professional and ethical standards.
- Establish effective professional relationships with peers, support staff, volunteers, supervisors, and other professionals.
- Attends and participates in mandatory trainings, staff meetings, and all other events, as required.
- Sets, maintains, and communicates appropriate personal and professional boundaries.